Monday, September 8, 2008
DDR
Last year I applied for a grant from Highmark and was lucky enough to receive $3,000 to use to enhance my p.e. class. So I used this money to purchase a DDR system, 12 heart monitors and 30 pedometers. I'm amazed to see how elementary student's can keep up with all of the advanced dance moves, not to mention how uncoordinated I actually am when it comes to DDR.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Check out Xavix (www.xavixstore.com). I want to get boxing, jmat, and eyehand for gaming systems in addition to the DDR I already have.
That's great Doug! You should be proud of that grant money! I guess there are a lot of grant opportunities out there, the trick is finding the right ones for your program and applying. How did you find out about the grant through Highmark?
Hi Clare,
Highmark is a great way to get exra money for your p.e. program. I had a grant writer from my district do everything, I just added what we would be using the money for. I know for a fact that Highmark is begging for more schools to send in their application.
Post a Comment