Thursday, October 23, 2008
Open House!
Tonight is Open House at our school. This is an evening where kids come and run around the school and they don't have to listen to their teachers, well, at least it seems that way. Does anyone set up activities in their gym for Open House? Some of my fellow elementary p.e. teachers set up activities and equipment for the kids, and from what I understand it becomes chaos. I'd be interested to hear what other p.e. teachers do for Open House.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I believe its a little different in the high school. I'm lucky if I get 4 parents. Actually, Alex (the other teacher) and I have a mini-competition, just because its funny. We see how many parents we can get. This year, as we would remind the other how many as the parents were approaching, I had 12 parents/relatives/etc. talk with me. I was elated! My parents are both elementary teachers and I don't think that any of the PE teachers have activities for the students to do while there. I find its more difficult to discipline the kids when they're with their parents because you don't want to "overstep" the boundaries.
We always have a large number of parents and kids show up and I don't even stay in the gym anymore. Kids were always all over the place and it's a sticky situation when you have to discipline a child for a behavior that their parents should be stopping. Now, I go to the library with the art, music and library teacher and stay there all night. Parents know where to find me if they wish to talk and I don't even step foot in the gym anymore. It has saved me a lot of aggravation!
Post a Comment